1. Chen Yong
  2. UVM
  3. Friday, 26 July 2019
Hi,
I'm running example of virtual-sequencer.zip. I'm curious on examples of uvm_config_db with "default_sequence" and sequence.start, so I changed code "my_pkg.sv" from virtual-sequencer.zip as this:

class base_test extends uvm_test;

// I added this piece of code to use default_sequence as other example shows
function void start_of_simulation_phase(uvm_phase phase);
super.start_of_simulation_phase(phase);
uvm_config_db#(uvm_sequence_base)::set(this,"m_top_env.m_virt_seqr.main_phase",
"default_sequence", m_virt_seq);
endfunction

// I comment m_virt_seq.start methond to see what happens
virtual task main_phase (uvm_phase phase);
super.main_phase (phase);
//phase.raise_objection (this);
//m_virt_seq.start (m_top_env.m_virt_seqr);
//phase.drop_objection (this);
endtask
endclass

When I update code with "default_sequence" way, there is no sequence running, compared with previous m_virt_seq.start method. Does this mean with virtual_sequencer/virtual_sequence, the sequence.start is the only way to start it while uvm_config_db with "default_sequence" won't work? thanks
Responses (2)
Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
A virtual sequence/sequencer is just like any other UVM sequence/sequencer but we tag it as "virtual" simply to identify it as a top level sequence capable of running on any sequencer. Setting a default sequence is not the usual way to start a sequence and the sequence start method is the recommended method.

The reason the code may not be running can be because of an objection raise/drop problem or the path to the sequencer may be incorrect or the object type and so on.
  1. 3 weeks ago
  2. UVM
  3. # 1
Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
sorry for wrong post on the reply. I have removed my previous reply.
  1. 2 weeks ago
  2. UVM
  3. # 2
  • Page :

There are no replies made for this post yet.
However, you are not allowed to reply to this post.

You consent to our cookies if you continue to use our website. To know more about cookies, see our privacy policy. I accept cookies from this site.

Agree