Welcome ! This website will help YOU (recent graduates/professionals) learn verification languages like SystemVerilog and UVM. Register for free and access more content !
  1. Nayan Naware
  2. UVM
  3. Wednesday, 26 September 2018
i have a fork join with 3 threads. In the following example i want Configuration to happen first then i want Register write should start and in between the register write i want Reset thread to happen. How can we time this situation inside a fork join?

fork
begin
//configuration of registers
end

begin
//Reset condition
//Providing reset for some 10ns to check the reset condition
end

begin
//Writing data into register
end
join_any
Accepted Answer
Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
If you do not want the reset to happen during configuration, you can keep the configuration outside the fork-join. Then launch the register-write and reset threads in parallel.

// Configuration
fork
begin
// Do register writes
end
begin
// Reset thread
end
join

You can randomize a delay in the reset thread to make the reset happen at anytime during the register write. But if the randomized time is more than the time taken by the register-write thread, you'll miss the target.
  1. more than a month ago
  2. UVM
  3. # Permalink
Responses (2)
Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
The configuration and Register Write is written in such a way that they need to run inside a fork join.

When i am adding a reset with delay or without delay it is happening just some time before end of simulation.
  1. more than a month ago
  2. UVM
  3. # 1
  • Page :

There are no replies made for this post yet.
However, you are not allowed to reply to this post.

You consent to our cookies if you continue to use our website. To know more about cookies, see our privacy policy. I accept cookies from this site.

Agree