Welcome ! This website will help YOU (recent graduates/professionals) learn verification languages like SystemVerilog and UVM. Register for free and access more content !
  1. Rahul Marotkar
  2. UVM
  3. Wednesday, 20 December 2017
In UVM, Why 12 sub phases in run_phase() executes in parallel ?
Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
There are no sub phases for run_phase. What one should understand is that there is 'run_phase' and the 'run-time phases'. The 'run_phase' is a single phase, while the 'run-time phases' are a group of phases that run sequentially. The 'run_phase' runs in parallel to the 'run-time phases'.

Now why do we need a set of separate 'run-time phases'? It is provided for those who need fine control over the execution of 'run_phase'. These allow us to have a fine control over the running of test; i.e. when the reset should happen e.t.c
  1. more than a month ago
  2. UVM
  3. # 1
Maybe there was only run_phase to begin with, and these sub-phases must have been introduced in some later revision of UVM, just a possibility.
  1. more than a month ago
  2. UVM
  3. # 2
In UVM, there is no order defined for run-time phases (i.e for 12 sub-phases).
  1. more than a month ago
  2. UVM
  3. # 3
  • Page :

There are no replies made for this post yet.
However, you are not allowed to reply to this post.

We use cookies to personalize content and ads, to provide social media features and to analyze our traffic. You consent to our cookies if you continue to use our website. To find out more about the cookies we use and how to delete them, see our privacy policy.

I accept cookies from this site.
Agree
EU Cookie Directive plugin by www.channeldigital.co.uk