Welcome ! This website will help YOU (recent graduates/professionals) learn verification languages like SystemVerilog and UVM. Register for free and access more content !
  1. Nayan Naware
  2. SoC
  3. Sunday, 03 December 2017
How to calculate Address for the Unaligned Address in AXI Protocol?
Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
Excellent explanation
  1. more than a month ago
  2. SoC
  3. # 1
By using formulas, we can calculate the aligned address for unaligned address. But if we don't know the formulas, we can calculate the address manually by using simple technique which I have shared here with simple example,

we have, Address = 55'h (Unaligned Address)
Burst Size = 2, i.e 2^2 = 4 Bytes Transfer

Steps to calculate aligned address :

1) divide unaligned address by burst size

55/4 = 13.75 (take integer number i.e "13" and ignore the other part)

2) multiply calculated number i.e "13" with burst size i.e "4"

13 x 4 = 52'h (this is the address for unaligned address 55'h with 4 bytes transfer size)

Note : While transaction, some data loss happen here for unaligned address.
  1. more than a month ago
  2. SoC
  3. # 2
If you are performing unaligned address transactions, then they won't fall on multiples of 0x4 (if 1 word is 32 bits). For example, an AXI master can issue a read transaction with address 0x30 which is aligned to 4 byte boundary, but 0x31 is offset by 1 from the 4 byte boundary and would be an unaligned transfer because the master now has to send two transactions, one to read bytes from 0x31 through 0x33 and another one to read the byte at 0x34.
  1. more than a month ago
  2. SoC
  3. # 3
  • Page :

There are no replies made for this post yet.
However, you are not allowed to reply to this post.

We use cookies to personalize content and ads, to provide social media features and to analyze our traffic. You consent to our cookies if you continue to use our website. To find out more about the cookies we use and how to delete them, see our privacy policy.

I accept cookies from this site.
Agree
EU Cookie Directive plugin by www.channeldigital.co.uk