Welcome ! This website will help YOU (recent graduates/professionals) learn verification languages like SystemVerilog and UVM. Register for free and access more content !
  1. prabal dewan
  2. UVM
  3. Thursday, 01 June 2017
Hello,

I have been following the steps mentioned in the tutorial given in the video "uvm-101 Basic UVM testbench" .
Even after compiling with UVM_NO_DPI and UVM_CMDLINE_NO_DPI flags as suggested in the video, I get the failure mentioned in the subject. To fix this issue (even though I don't want DPI), I went ahead to install a gcc library version, included its PATH in the environment variable, still got the same error.
Command used for compiling: vlog -work work -sv -stats=none C:/Modeltech_pe_edu_10.4a/learner/check.sv +incdir+C:/Modeltech_pe_edu_10.4a/uvm-1.2/src +define+UVM_CMDLINE_NO_DPI +define+UVM_NO_DPI +define+UVM_REGEX_NO_DPI
Accepted Answer
Admin Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
Hello Prabal,

Altera was acquired by Intel and seems to have been integrated into "Quartus Prime" software suite to support their FPGA products. Although the version shown in the video (v10.4d) cannot be found, an earlier version is available (v10.1b). The interface in FPGA aligned software tools will be different. Maybe the v10.1b might be worth a try.
References
  1. https://www.altera.com/downloads/software/modelsim-starter/121.html
  2. http://dl.altera.com/?product=modelsim_ae#tabs-2
  1. more than a month ago
  2. UVM
  3. # Permalink
Running the UVM requires a gcc compiler, do you find any gcc compiler executables in the Modelsim installation directory ?
  1. more than a month ago
  2. UVM
  3. # 1
prabal dewan Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
I have placed a directory inside the modelsim folder, which contains the executables.
i.e C:\Modeltech_pe_edu_10.4a\gcc-c++-4.8.1-4-mingw32-bin\bin has c++.exe, g++.exe.
I am not sure how to let modelsim know of this path. So I have added this path to user environment PATH variable, whch had only modelsim as the path there.
i.e PATH: C:\Modeltech_pe_edu_10.4a\win32pe_edu
Updated it with: C:\Modeltech_pe_edu_10.4a\win32pe_edu;C:\Modeltech_pe_edu_10.4a\gcc-c++-4.8.1-4-mingw32-bin\bin

Please let me know if there is something else needs to be done ?
  1. more than a month ago
  2. UVM
  3. # 2
A couple of quick pointers:
In the Modelsim installation used for the video, there's a folder called "gcc-4.2.1-mingw32vc9" inside modelsim_ase directory which contains GCC executables
- Take a look at the user's manual
- Try this link
- If none of the above works, I guess you have to contact a Mentor AE at their support site
  1. more than a month ago
  2. UVM
  3. # 3
Thanks Admin for the help. But for me none of the pointers worked. There is user manual, but no reference as to how to link the gnu with modelsim env. Second link talks about QuestaSim. Thirdly Mentor doesnt provides support for student edition.

I was wondering, the version used in video is "starter edition", but I could only find a free "student edition" which I am using currently. Can you please give a pointer where cam I find it?
Also in the video, compilation was done using the flags to make sure that it doesnt requires DPI, so should that have impact while running ? As in, it shouldn't be looking for the DPI when I go on to do simulation ?
  1. more than a month ago
  2. UVM
  3. # 4
That indeed worked. I would highly suggest that this should be added in the first tutorial notes somewhere. Thanks Admin.
  1. more than a month ago
  2. UVM
  3. # 5
Arijit Sarkar Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
HI ,

I am getting the same error . I have put the folder in my installation path . What to do next.
  1. more than a month ago
  2. UVM
  3. # 6
  • Page :

There are no replies made for this post yet.
However, you are not allowed to reply to this post.

We use cookies to personalize content and ads, to provide social media features and to analyze our traffic. You consent to our cookies if you continue to use our website. To find out more about the cookies we use and how to delete them, see our privacy policy.

I accept cookies from this site.
Agree
EU Cookie Directive plugin by www.channeldigital.co.uk